- Bottles & -cages
- More Tacx
Improve your fitness
The Flow is one of Tacx’s most popular trainers. This entry-level ergotrainer, with a frame that rebounds slightly while you ride, is excellent value for money and very easy to use for everyone. Heart rate, power output, speed and pedalling frequency are being measured and visualized on the handlebar computer’s display. These four training parameters are the most important tools that will help you towards focused and efficient work-out routines and optimum performance. While training you can adapt the program for power or slope resistance from -4 to +9. The electro magnetic brake is managed through the handlebar computer. The Flow comes with the Skyliner front wheel support.
If your budget allows and you’re looking for even more adventure, you can change your Flow into a Virtual Reality trainer. This requires a special upgrade kit, Upgrade i-Flow T1925, which includes the Tacx Trainer software 4, Basic.
- Stand-alone training
- Handlebar computer, programs manually adjustable
- Incl. Skyliner front wheel support
- Upgradable to training with PC
- 6 permanent-magnets & 6 controllable electro magnets
- 2 kg flywheel
- Max. resistance 800 Watt; adjustable in 14 positions
The Flow works with an electro brake. By placing magnets and electro magnets beside a rotating aluminium disc, eddy currents are created which generate an opposing magnetic field. In this way a non-contact, maintenance-free brake is realized that is also silent. Thanks to the electro brake a resistance can be set that you also experience on the road or in a climb.
The electro brake does not have a downhill drive, such as the motor brake of the i-Genius, and it generates less power while riding uphill. When you are cycling in a virtual terrain or in a film you can get outside the range for which the brake is intended. In the second graph the working range of the Flow is shown. To allow cyclists with a motor brake and cyclists with an electro brake to ride races against each other in Multiplayer, Tacx has developed the virtual speed. This concept translatesthe energy supplied into a certain speed, which can guarantee a fair contest. If this speed differs from the speed at which the rear wheel is running, the virtual speed will be shown on the screen in red.
Specifications handlebar computer
- Slope from -4% to +9%
- Power from 10 Watt to 990 Watt
- Weight 40 to 120 kg
- Speed km/h of m/ph
- Consumption Kcal, kJoule
- Scale factor 80 to 120
- Speed current speed, stopwatch, trip distance, total distance, maximum speed, average speed
- Cadence current cadence, average cadence, maximum cadence, total number of revolutions during the session
- Power current power, average power, maximum power, total consumption in kcal
- Heartrate current heartrate, average heartrate, maximum heartrate
- Indicator indicates whether the current training information is running above or below the average